Back to Basics:
First of all: My Name is Vanessa, but everyone calls me Nessi, as long as I can remember. I was born and raised in city near Düsseldorf. My parents introduced me to the joy of travelling. We went on summer trips to the beach in Germany, Spain, France, the Netherlands. We visited big cities like Rome and Paris. And they supported me in every possible way to make my travel choices a reality (for example Peru):
Thank you for everything!
As you can see, I had a lovely childhood. No complains so far.
The Present's a Gift:
I'm now 20 years old and I moved to Germersheim, a tiny town in Germany.
I study Translation for English and Spanish at the university of Germersheim. It has a good worldwide reputation in the interpreting business, but there is nothing interesting about the town itself - except maybe for the people living here. (Germersheim doesn't even have a cinema....) At first it was a really big change for me. This was the first time I lived on my own and it was hard for me to leave all my good friends behind. But over time you make new friends and in Germersheim this is pretty easy, because of two reasons:
- Germersheim is so tiny that you meet people you know almost at every corner.
- In Germersheim, a wide range of people come together because most of them are students from abroad. All learning different languages and trying to get to know new cultures.
But right now it's rather boring here. In anticipation *cough* of my exams for this semester I move on to my plans for the future.
Fortune Teller:My plans for 2014:
- First of all: starting this blog; and more importantly: writing new posts on a regular basis
- Try out new things
- Interrail tour throughout Europe (already in preparation ! )
- Disneyland Paris
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Studying abroad in Spain (hopefully Granada!) to improve my Spanish!
These are the things I have planned so far. I'll probably add a few more to the list, but right now my budget is already at its absolute limit or else I'll starve in Spain or somewhere along the way...
What are your new year's resolutions? plans? ideas? Tell me in the comments down below!