Donnerstag, 4. September 2014

Granada Diary

I've finished my 4th semestre at University and next semestre I study at the university in Granada, Spain.
I'll be doing an ERASMUS semestre and I'm planning on a daily blogging session for the half a year I'm there. It's going to be exhausting, I mean six full month daily posting stuff. 

I'll definitely fail. But I'll try anyway.

I made a pact with a lovely girl who's doing the same thing about her Erasmus semestre in the UK. (check her out: Long live the Toast.)We'll write eachother every day as if we were writing letters. An ancient art form that has long been forgotten. (If there is a day with nothing to do, it might be just a one-line-post. But that's what I'm willing to do!) And we'll write in German. So Sorry to my international readers, if I bore you to death. I'll write in English as well, if the posts aren't too personal.

I'm really excited and a little scared, but my brain can't seem to process all of it yet. 
(So I don't worry too much about it. I think I'll come to fully realise it once I sit on a plane to Spain.).
But sometimes it hits me: 

I'm going to be in Spain. Fuck. Fuck Yeah, but still Fuck.


Right now I feel a little lost, I'm leaving so many nice people behind... again.
I did French theatre this semestre which made me realize how much I missed hearing and speaking the language. Also I made so many new friends. Fun, loving and a little crazy persons (just my kind of people!)
I also made a terrible discovery:
After 9 years of French in school, all I can remember from class is: "Et boum! C'est le choc!" 
My brain works in mysterious ways and aparently nothing important stuck.
I eliminated a lot of great stuff to fill it up with cat videos... 
Sad, but true.

So after realising that my French has dried up big time, I came to realise my Spanish isn't perfect either...
 

There will be definitely some embarrassing moments along the way.
And you'll be the happy reader of some pretty humiliating scenes...

But I already swore myself to work on it:

I'll renew my French! I'll improve my Spanish!

I'll dance, laugh and draw more!

And when I'm done making plans, I might actually get to do all the things I've just listed....


Anyway starting on the 10th of September when I'm flying to my destination.


See you soon, Granada!

Kommentare:

  1. You will be greatly missed, Vanessa! And good luck with the six-month daily blogging session, I'm sure you're going to make it! :D Lots of fun in Granada and don't worry about your Spanish skills, you'll get better without even noticing. :*

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :) Thank you :) I hope you have a great time in Germi, too :)
      I surely hope so. But If you say so, it must be true :) Although your German was already pretty perfect... .__.

      Löschen
  2. Looking forward to it! :3 And "Fuck. Fuck Yeah, but still Fuck." sums up my feelings very well too. :D Off to new adventures!

    AntwortenLöschen