Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2014

Wanderlust Tag

I discovered this tag on Wanderlust on Little World Lovable and I just had to do it, so here we go: 

Where was your first plane to?
I guess it must have been to Tenerifa as a baby with my parents, but I don't remember that, so I guess...my first flight has to be to Rome, it was exciting and still get goosebumps during start and landing. My first solo flight was to Peru. It was so surreal just to get on a plane by myself for good 14h hours straight. And the waiting time solo at the airport in Amsterdam and Paris were the worst...


Where have you travelled that you would love to visit again?
I'd love to see China and Peru again, but high up on my list is always London as well. I don't really know why. I've been there a couple of times now, but I still feel like I'm missing out on all the things the city has to offer! I just can't get enough of London.


You're leaving tomorrow, money is no object, where are you going?
Around the World? Really I tried to narrow it down a bit, but I end up numerating all kinds of beautiful countries: My Dream destinations right now are Japan, India, New Zealand, USA, South Africa, Canada, South America.... Don't make me choose one... I haven't seen enough of the world yet to just pick one. 


Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or car?
Hmm...I'd have to choose planes. They take you so far away and far up that it gives me goosebumps every time. Or train, there you can see how the real people of a country interact, can move around much more and you have that travel feeling of old movies like Murder on the Orient Express. (Not that I want to murder anybody, just travelling in this classic chic style...).


Favourite travel website?
I get my inspiration from a lot of people, because I read a lot of travel blogs, but unfortunately not one blog consistently, so I have to go for the one site I'm actually always checking with joy for more adventures: The Youtube Channel of Louis Cole aka FunForLouis. He daily vlogs all of his adventures with flaws and beauty in each video! What more is there to say than: Peace out, Enjoy Life and Live the Adventure! - Boom!
 

Where would you travel just to eat the food?
I'd have to say China. I love Chinese Food and I haven't even tried everything, but I always like to try new things. And who doesn't enjoy the sudden suspicion when the waiter tells you in broken English "It's Chicken." to every plate you ask him about. No, but seriously, I love the food! Not only is it very different to what I'm used to, but they also do magic with all the spices. There are so many flavours in one dish and the presentation of the food is an own art form in itself I believe. And even though a lot of it might be fried or dripping in an oily sauce, it feels like you're eating something so completely healthy! Best. Food. Ever.

Is there a place you would never go again? 
So far I did not really dislike any place...Or at least I can't think of one right now. I wasn't too impressed by Milan. But I felt like it was just not for me. I'm not a fashionista and probably never will be. You but the city itself is quite pretty although the atmosphere seems quite superficial. But then again: What did I expect from a fashion metropole?


Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked?
Yes! I've learned it by heart, just in case something happens to my real passport. I also have a copy of my passport on my phone and a scan in my e-mail account. Believe me, as busy traveller these things are the essentials.






Do you prefer the Window, Aisle or Middle seat?
Window. Definitely Window. You have the best view, you don't get pushed when someone goes by to the bathroom and there is space to lean on when you want to sleep, avoiding the awkward situation of using your seat neighbour's shoulder as a pillow by accident. In movies this might seem adorable, but how cute is it if you drool all over somebody you don't know in real life? (Btw I know of noone who'd choose the middle seat...?)

How do you pass the time on the airplane?
Depending how long I have to fly and where the travel goes. On long distance flights I normally try to sleep to make up for the time difference (and it the best case scenario I succeed and avoid this way a too harsh jetlag.) Mostly I look out of the window, hear music, watch the movies on the planes. On my way to Spain and to Peru, I refreshed a little my Spanish, but normally it's just sitting around and enjoying the show.


Everyone who enjoyed reading my tag, should check out the original one and do the tag themselves!

Kommentare:

  1. This is great! I was tempted to answer Chinese food, but I'd be too suspicious of not knowing what's in my food. Totally understand Milan, but you're right, what did we expect :P
    I learned a little bit of German when I studied abroad there this year.. I'll have to check out some of your other posts to see if I can understand!
    Thanks for linking our blog :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. No need to thank me, I really liked this tag! It should be acknowledged who I copied it from :)
      haha :D But I feel like this is half the fun of Chinese food, not really knowing what is in there and still being so fascinated by all these new and special flavours!
      Oh how cool :) Well right now I write about my Erasmus semester in Spain (Granada), but as soon as I return I'll keep it in English, so maybe than my blog will be a little more of interest (and a little bit easier to read) :) But enjoy anyway!

      Löschen